We rely on our eyes day in and day out, and they are arguably the most beguiling, multifaceted parts of our bodies, so let’s take a closer look at some interesting facts regarding these essential globular organs:
- Throughout the scientific community, it is believed that eyes first developed in animals more than 540 million years ago, during the Lower Cambrian Period.
- The muscles that control your eyes and eyelids are actually the fastest, most responsive tissues in your body, which lends credence to the term, “In the blink of an eye.”
- As a matter of fact, the average length of a blink from start to finish is roughly 1/10 of a second, or 100 milliseconds.
- Newborn babies tend to cry incessantly, but their tear ducts cannot produce moisture until approximately 4-6 weeks of age.
- Your eyeballs contain more than six million cone cells and nine million rod cells, which allow you to see vivid colours and adapt to low light conditions.
- Psychoanalysts have determined that upwards of 80% of our memories and recollections are based on what we see.
Additionally, it’s worth mentioning that anywhere from 400-600 million people in the world struggle with some type of vision-related issue or eyesight impairment, but four in every five of these conditions are treatable or correctable.
Why Are My Local Opticians So Important?
Due to the fact that nearly 3.5 million adults in the United Kingdom have some type of ocular disorder, and we spend about £2.4 billion on vision health each year, our neighbourhood eye care experts obviously play a pivotal role in today’s landscape.
So if you’ve been suffering from eye pain, persistent squinting, or blurry vision, the onus is on you to book a professional evaluation with a trusted local clinic – such as David Paul Opticians – at your earliest convenience.
How Can They Help?
In as little as one consultation and assessment, your eye care specialists can enhance your eyesight and rectify any type of ailment or discomfort you happen to be facing. Such services can include the following:
- Non-invasive eye exams with technologically advanced tools, including phoropter mechanisms and 3D optical coherence tomography imaging.
- Rapid diagnosis for a vast array of common ocular disorders to prevent the exacerbation of any degenerative issues.
- Personalised contact lenses, framed eyeglasses, and sunglasses that can be precisely engineered to resolve near-sightedness or far-sightedness.
- Tailored treatment options and fulfilment of required prescriptions.
Best of all, however, it’s important to note that the most sought-after vision solutions are now 9% more cost-effective than they were in 2008, which is why it makes a lot of financial sense to schedule an eye test sooner rather than later.
So be sure to visit the webpage of a prominent local optician’s clinic to get started on the booking process and to finally rectify your ocular maladies in an economical manner.