Privacy Notice of The Ultimate Health Directory by Sonoran Unlimited, LLC
Last updated: December 15, 2008 (initial version)
What personal information about users does The Ultimate Health Directory gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at The Ultimate Health Directory. Here are the types of information we gather:
What about cookies?
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses The Ultimate Health Directory. Click here to see examples of the information we receive. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at The Ultimate Health Directory if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of The Ultimate Health Directory's greatest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does The Ultimate Health Directory share the information it receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries that Sonoran Unlimited, LLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the event that Sonoran Unlimited, LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of The Ultimate Health Directory and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Ultimate Health Directory, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. Click here for some examples as well as information on how to contact these companies to learn more or opt-out of their information collection practices.
The Ultimate Health Directory may also display targeted advertising based on personal information about users. Although The Ultimate Health Directory does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users in the southwestern United States who own video game consoles).
What choices do I have?
Conditions of Use, notices, and revisions
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain The Ultimate Health Directory features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please go to the opt-out page to adjust your Communication Preferences. If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of The Ultimate Health Directory, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of The Ultimate Health Directory's greatest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
If you choose to visit The Ultimate Health Directory, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Arizona. If you have any concern about privacy at The Ultimate Health Directory, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
Examples of information collected
- Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for directory listings; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; and fill out any form on our website. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers and content of reviews and e-mails to us.
- Automatic Information
- Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).